Subject: Re: btconfig: SIOCSBTFLAGS: Resource temporarily unavailable
To: Iain Hibbert <plunky@rya-online.net>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <bwulf@ping.net.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/12/2006 11:46:08
> On Tue, 11 Jul 2006, Berndt Josef Wulf wrote:
>
>> uhub4: Intel EHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 2.00/1.00, addr 1
>> ubt0: Dell TrueMobile 350 Bluetooth USB Adapter, rev 2.00/24.22, addr 3
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>
> Well, this error origniates from a tsleep() in sys/netbt/hci_unit.c after
> the device is enabled while we wait for it to reset and initialise. You
> could try increasing the timeout with the patch below..
[...]

Thanks, will try this and report back to you...

> ..but actually I wonder if this may be caused by the absence of
> isochronous transfer support in the ehci(4) driver - was the older laptop
> a different USB controller?

Yes, the usb controller has changed.

old laptop = Intel 82801FB/FR USB UHCI Controller (rev. 0x03)
new laptop= Intel 82801GB/GR USB EHCI Controller (rev. 0x01)

> Did you have a hw.ubt0.config sysctl set? This is for configuring the
> isochronous endpoints and although there is no way to turn that
> configuration off, it may make a difference if you leave it at zero.

current settings are:

hw.ubt0.config = 0
hw.ubt0.alt_config = 6
hw.ubt0.sco_rxsize = 0
hw.ubt0.sco_txsize = 0

same as on the older laptop

> I'm not sure what issues could arise if a driver tries to configure
> isochronous endpoints through the ehci(4) driver (there seemed to be no
> errors printed, either by ubt or by ehci), but they would normally only be
> used for audio data with the bthset(4) driver and it would be nice if the
> rest of it worked. There is nothing that btconfig(8) does that would
> require isoc endpoints to be configured, and if using config#0 makes no
> difference, you could try commenting out the function call that tries to
> set it up, like so..?

Thanks for your help. I will apply the patches and report back soon...

cheerio Berndt