Subject: Re: file id alignment
To: YAMAMOTO Takashi <yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/10/2006 21:35:24
On Sun, Jul 09, 2006 at 03:56:49PM +0900, YAMAMOTO Takashi wrote:
> - you need to check sizeof().  eg. NFSX_V3FH

Duh, found a whole can of worms there.

> - as getfh takes a pathname, which can be changed in the mean time,
>   it's better to keep looping.  (see prop_dictionary_recv_ioctl.)

Ok, I have done that on the one part of userland code that could
actually deal with arbitrary sizes. The LFS cleaner knows the FS it's
talking to, and mountd is restricted by NFS protocol.

I do not understand rpc.lockd enough to know if my changes make sense,
and I can't easily try it either.

So, here is a newer version:

   ftp.netbsd.org:/pub/NetBSD/misc/martin/getfh.diff2.bz2 (16k)

Martin