Subject: Re: ural patch
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org, tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/08/2006 23:32:49
On Sat, Jul 08, 2006 at 09:28:22AM -0700, Sam Leffler wrote:
> David, when you've got something to share feel free to argue your
> approach is better.  Until then remember that I never suggested the work
> I've done for freebsd be incorporated into netbsd.

I don't care how you do things in FreeBSD, but I don't like to see the
radiotap DLT, which is a tcpdump/libpcap "reserved number," used for
non-radiotap purposes.  I will explain what I mean by "non-radiotap":
it seems to accord with the principle of least surprise that on a
bpf descriptor where you tap radiotap-format frames, you will also
inject radiotap-format frames.  I consider injecting anything else a
"non-radiotap" use.

> In fact given your
> attitude and the fact that I went out of my way to give you vap code
> with the express understanding that it was for public development on
> netbsd I see no reason to do anything for netbsd.

I am sorry you feel that way, but I believe we may have two or three
factual misunderstandings.

Dave