Subject: Re: power management and related concerns
To: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/05/2006 14:57:48
On Jul 5, 2006, at 11:32 AM, Garrett D'Amore wrote:

> Commit, commit! :-)  Seriously, you had some common ioctl as I recall,
> and I can easily see making sysmon use these.

Ok, the changes are in -- You need to define the ioctl (because each
driver might have several property list accessors / mutators).  If
you have any questions on how to use the new stuff, let me know.

> Frankly, I'd also like to use property lists as events generated in
> individual drivers, so that the actual sysmon driver can do only
> minimal
> interpretation and just pass up any event it doesn't care about.  ;-)

Sounds reasonable, through it would be nice to have some generic
functions for creating common event types, like currently exist.

-- thorpej