Subject: Re: FFS journal
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/05/2006 22:20:21
On Wed, Jul 05, 2006 at 12:49:54PM -0700, Jason Thorpe wrote:

> On Jul 5, 2006, at 12:01 PM, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
>
> >How can we mont it read-only right now ?
>
> Right now we have ordered MD writes.  With a journal, you generally
> don't do that

I think I explicitely said that we need to keep ordered MD writes for this

> (that's what you have the journal for!)

It's also to make fsck faster. I'd prefer to have at last the option to
keep ordered writes and have fsck deal with the replay, so that we're
guaranteed to always be able to read the filesystem (and eventually repair
it) even if the journal is corrupted.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>