Subject: HEADS UP: gdamore-uart branch
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/05/2006 08:51:07
All,

I intend to merge gdamore-uart branch, which includes my changes to make
com(4) work better with devices like Alchemy's onboard UARTs (adding
conditionally-compiled in indexed register accesses).  I've done compile
testing on all ports, and all ports with com ports seem to compile
reasonably well.  I've tested com(4) for basic functionality to 115200
on those ports that I could test.  (I don't have any lower end 386 or
fifoless parts.)

I will wait one week, and then merge on 7/12/06 if no one objects.   If
you are concerned about com(4) performance and have the ability to test,
please do so before then and report any negative results.  Otherwise its
going in. :-)

    -- Garrett

General Dynamics C4 Systems
http://www.tadpolecomputer.com/