Subject: ArkMicroChips USB-UART
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/27/2006 21:23:11
I have a strange serial dongle:

   ArkMicroChips USB-UART Controller, rev 1.10/0.01
   (0x6547, 0x0232)

I can't seem to find a datasheet for it, but I found a linux module source.
Unfortunately I can't make *any* sense of the Linux stuff, and no other BSD
seems to support this yet.

The linux module just seems to send a bunch of usb control msgs at attach
time, and otherwise attach a generic serial usb driver (whatever that is):

static struct usb_serial_driver fxusb_device = {
.driver = {
.owner = THIS_MODULE,
.name = "fxusb",
},
.id_table = id_table,
.num_interrupt_in = 1,
.num_bulk_in = 1,
.num_bulk_out = 1,
.num_ports = 1,
.attach = fxusb_attach,
};

I can, of course, attach a driver and send the same control msgs, but what
do I do with the rest (parameter changes, line state, ...)?

Anyone understand Linux enough to make sense of this? Please contact me
off-list.

Martin