Subject: Re: hpckbd vs. -Wcast-qual
To: None <>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/26/2006 23:53:59
[Redirected to tech-kern]

On Sun, Jun 25, 2006 at 17:47:09 +0200, Peter Postma wrote:

> Has anyone tried to fix hpckbd(4) overwriting "const" data?
> (
> I've got something that seems to work, but this might not be an optimal
> solution. See

I think that pckbd_keydesctab[] was constified incorrectly.  Preceding
commetns says:

/* KBD_NULLMAP generates a entry for machine native variant.
   the entry will be modified by machine dependent keyboard driver. */

So the right fix is to unconst the array.

SY, Uwe
--                         |       Zu Grunde kommen          |       Ist zu Grunde gehen