Subject: RFH: serial port benchmarking
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/20/2006 11:55:27
I'm looking for someone who can help benchmark UART performance to
compare gdamore-uart and -current.  I suspect that the differences will
be small, but I've been asked to provide some more concrete numbers,
particularly of interest is i386 hardware, for which I do not have ready
access.  (I also don't know how best to collect such performance data on
i386 -- are there processor performance counters that can be used?)

Also, if anyone has com(4) ports that are marginal at performance, it
would be great to test them to verify that I haven't made things any
worse. :-)

Thanks!

General Dynamics C4 Systems
http://www.tadpolecomputer.com/