Subject: Debugging UVM
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: blue horn <neelgusano@yahoo.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/19/2006 08:12:55
Hi,
      I would like to print some messages to
/var/log/message file when certain events are being
fired inside the uvm. So, I created a vanilla kernel
with  "options   UVMHIST".

If I enable "options  UVMHIST_PRINT", then all the
messages from the uvm starts printing; but I'm never
able to login since the booting is not complete (as I
understand).

So, my question is: How do I enable debugging the uvm
(only my portion) by printing out messages to
/var/log/messages? Is there something simiar to
"printk" (as in Linux) in NetBSD?

Thanks,
BH