Subject: Re: __BROKEN_CONFIG_UNIT_USAGE
To: None <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/18/2006 12:52:02
garrett_damore@tadpole.com wrote:

> I'd like to see us "fix" this problem.  But I don't have Sun3 hardware
> to test with, and while I can find an emulator, I suspect its not quite
> the same thing.

To confirm MD implementation of bus_space(9) and bus_dma(9),
I think tme is enough since it emulates several VME devices.
Note most of them are already in sun68k and used by sun2, so
we only have to clean up it and implement some more glue part.
(IIRC there are some sources in sun68k which have sun2 specific stuff)

> Is anyone still "working" on Sun3 stuff anymore?

I have 3/80 with cgsix, which also requires bus_space(9) support
to use MI sun/dev/cgsix driver.

I wonder if there are any sun3 with working xd/xy disks,
but if MI VME layer is confirmed it's okay because they
worked (still working?) on sun4 with the same MI drivers.
---
Izumi Tsutsui