Subject: Re: com rumblings...
To: None <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/17/2006 14:21:59
garrett_damore@tadpole.com wrote:

> Its not just
> com_arbus.c, btw, but really com_aubus.c that is most interesting.

IIRC, you asked to introduce regmap for com_arbus.c on the first
discission, and then mentioned it was also required for aucom.c.
I think that might cause unfortunate disagreement at that time.

IMHO, stride is still proper for com_arbus (and similar ones),
and regmap is acceptable only for variants which have actually
non-standard registers even on your current implementation.
Of course people will be able to cut corners by the existing
regmap on future implementation, but I doubt it's worth to
convert existing stride ops to regmap.

Just my two yen,
---
Izumi Tsutsui