Subject: Re: com rumblings...
To: None <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/17/2006 13:03:31
garrett_damore@tadpole.com wrote:

> Boy, was I wrong:  isa/ast.c is the first place (and I think there may
> be at least on other) where the driver includes comvar.h, but also has
> its own sc_iot.  Needless to say, this breaks things badly.

How many files have the problem?
In ast.c case, I think you could change ast_softc to use
struct com_regs since it requires the relevant stuff to com_softc.

> Unfortunately I got halfway thru the conversion before I found the problem.

Well, maybe ~two hour silence is not enough
(I see your second mail after a sleep) and
it's not so good for you to be in a rush so much
on such large changes... ;-)

As I wrote before, not all people have enough spare time
to review code and think any other good idea.
We might be able to get some other choice after a few days...
---
Izumi Tsutsui