Subject: Re: com rumblings...
To: None <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/17/2006 07:21:24
garrett_damore@tadpole.com wrote:

> I had thought about making the changes to do that.  But there were other
> concerns,

What were the concerns?

> and by doing it this way, I was able to *find* all the
> attachment points because they won't compile.

Only ones you tried to build? ;-p

We don't have LINT kernel config files like FreeBSD so you can't
find ones not defined in GENERIC (or similar files) by that way.

> In any case, everything except ARM and m68k
> are converted.

Well, I guess com_ofisa.c is only used by shark and
com_upc.c is only used by acorn26 so you have not changed them yet,
but what about com_cpcbus.c? :-)

I guess autobuild will be able to find it anyway, but I just think
it's better to make changes smaller on such MI API changes if possble
so that we would have less trouble.
---
Izumi Tsutsui