Subject: Re: com rumblings...
To: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
From: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/16/2006 15:59:57
Okay, I think I've converted all of sys/dev, leaving only
sys/arch/{iyonix,evbarm,hpcarm,hp300,amiga}.

Some of the sys/dev stuff hasn't been tested yet because I don't have
kernels that include them.  Once we start doing ARM arches they should
get a bit more coverage.

Strangly, none of the kernels I tested included com_cpcbus.c

    -- Garrett

Garrett D'Amore wrote:
> Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
>
>> garrett_damore@tadpole.com wrote:
>>

>>> I had thought about making the changes to do that.  But there were other
>>> concerns,
>>>

>> What were the concerns?
>>

>>> and by doing it this way, I was able to *find* all the
>>> attachment points because they won't compile.
>>>

>> Only ones you tried to build? ;-p
>>

> Well, true.  I did try to build *most* of the drivers.  I also grepped
> sys/arch.  Apparently I missed some sys/dev. :-(  I'll fix that.
>
>> We don't have LINT kernel config files like FreeBSD so you can't
>> find ones not defined in GENERIC (or similar files) by that way.
>>

>>> In any case, everything except ARM and m68k
>>> are converted.
>>>

>> Well, I guess com_ofisa.c is only used by shark and
>> com_upc.c is only used by acorn26 so you have not changed them yet,
>> but what about com_cpcbus.c? :-)
>>

> See above.
>
>     -- Garrett
>
>> I guess autobuild will be able to find it anyway, but I just think
>> it's better to make changes smaller on such MI API changes if possble
>> so that we would have less trouble.
>> ---
>> Izumi Tsutsui

General Dynamics C4 Systems