Subject: Re: HEADS UP: timecounters (branch simonb-timecounters) merged into
To: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
From: Frank Kardel <Frank.Kardel@Acrys.COM>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/16/2006 11:53:50
Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:

>On Fri, Jun 16, 2006 at 09:25:27 +0200, Frank Kardel wrote:
>

>>Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:

>>>Are struct bintime and relevant inline functions intended to be
>>>visible outside kernel?
>>>

>>No, there is no public interface for that right now. Ideally we
>>would convert all kernel internal time stamps to struct bintime and
>>just convert them 'at the edges' to the expected format, but thats
>>another rototill. Userland currently has no access to struct
>>bintime.
>>

>Shall we protect it with ifdef _KERNEL then to avoid namespace
>pollution?
>
>It also triggers a bug in sparc gcc that makes sparc bootxx explode
>over the size limit (that's how I noticed).
>
>Thanks.
>
>SY, Uwe

Yes do that.

--
***********Confidentiality/Limited Liability Statement***************

This email and its contents do not constitute a commitment by Acrys Consult.
This message is confidential and may contain privileged information. The
information contained in this communication is intended solely for the use
of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorized to
receive it. It may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If
you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this
information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received
this communication in error, please notify us immediately by responding to
this email and then deleting it from your system. As reliability of the
Internet cannot be guaranteed, we are neither liable for proper nor complete
transmission of this or any other such communications.