Subject: Re: metahook(9)
To: None <elad@NetBSD.org>
From: YAMAMOTO Takashi <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 06/14/2006 23:43:42
> What I'm looking for:
> - Whether you like it or not;
> - Comments on the interface and possible improvements;
> - Anything else you have in mind.
- "metahook" sounds like a confusing name. (sorry, no alternative suggestion.)
- it's better to make metahhook-id an opaque type rather than a plain int.
- how does it handle fileid recycles?
- "inode" is a filesystem dependent term.
- using dev_t here seems weird to me. isn't it better to use
a pointer to struct mount?
- why ignore hashmask returned by hashinit?
- what's a locking strategy? "leave it callers"?
- metahook_inode_delete and metahook_table_delete seem to use
"mhe" after freeing.
- i don't think M_TEMP is appropriate.
- 0 and 1 should be METAHOOK_CLEANUP_* ?