Subject: Re: 1. uiopeek? 2. hashinit/hashdone?
To: None <brian@surge.insomnia.org>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/06/2006 09:41:33
--wq9mPyueHGvFACwf

On Sun, Jun 04, 2006 at 08:45:28PM -0400, brian@surge.insomnia.org wrote:
>=20
> It all comes down to what is in the interface contract. Anything you=20
> document becomes part of that contract to the outside world, and thus=20
> difficult to change. That's all I was saying.

That's not the kind of interface that NetBSD (or any of the OpenSource=20
OSs) typically uses. We can and do adjust interfaces as time goes by. We=20
usually accompany changes that LKMs depend on with a kernel version bump,=
=20
but that's it.

It probably would be good for us to develop such interfaces (and=20
contracts), but we aren't there yet.

Take care,

Bill

--wq9mPyueHGvFACwf