To: None <,>
From: Garrett D'Amore <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/05/2006 15:59:28
I notice that we still have the __BROKEN_CONFIG_UNIT_USAGE logic in

The sun3 port declares this macro, but it *appears* that it may not
actually require it.  It is not declared anywhere else.

I would like to propose removing the macro (and the code it enables).
However, I lack sufficient experience to be 100% sure, so I am asking
for knowledgable parties to step forward and either approve the change,
or just make the change themselves -- or explain why this change is a
bad idea and will cause untold grief amongst millions of sun3 users... :-)

    -- Garrett

General Dynamics C4 Systems
Phone: 951 325-2134  Fax: 951 325-2191