Subject: Re: wpi port -- Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG chipset.
To: None <>
From: Jean-Baptiste Campesato <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/05/2006 21:03:42
2006/6/5, Rui Paulo <>:
> Thanks! Is the microcode license different from ipw or iwi ? If so we
> must add a new pkgsrc license before creating a package.
> Are you working on wpi-firmware pkg and ipw3945d pkg ?

We don't need a ipw3945d package (it's a regulatory daemon for Linux),
only a microcode package which contains "ipw3945.ucode" and put it in

Sorry; I'm not working on.

The wpi microcode licence seems different from the iwi microcode licence.
The iwi firmware licence:
The wpi firmware licence (at the bottom):
Somebody can confirm?

2006/6/5, Rui Paulo <>:
> You need:
> device  wpi: ifnet, arp, wlan, firmload

Yes, excuse me, I forgot to add firmload...

Note: during the ifconfig operation, I get a "firmware fatal error",
but wpi works after. I'll look at this "problem" this week.

Jean-Baptiste Campesato