Subject: Re: Wrong matching of Sounblaster AudioPCI 128
To: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/04/2006 14:17:26
On Sun, Jun 04, 2006 at 10:43:04AM -0300, Jared D. McNeill wrote:
> >I have got a Soudblaster AudioPCI 128, model number CT4810. Its PCI
> >vendor
> >and product ID are 0x1102/0x8938, which clashes with CreativeLabs
> >Ectiva 1938.

Erm, I've posted too fast. It seems I got confused by what the driver
tells me. That numbers are wrong, but the problem remain.

Here is what pcictl tells:
    Vendor Name: Ensoniq (0x1274)
    Device Name: AudioPCI 97 (0x1371)
(snip)
    Class Name: multimedia (0x04)
    Subclass Name: audio (0x01)
    Interface: 0x00
    Revision ID: 0x08
(snip)
    Subsystem vendor ID: 0x1274
    Subsystem ID: 0x1371

So this board with creative labs written on it has an Ensoniq VendorID.
CT4810 is the model number printed on the board, but the chip is has
CT2518 written on it. Information in PCi registers drives the kernel to
think it is a ES1373-8, which is wrong, but it's not really the kernel
fault...

> Does the AudioPCI 128 have subsystem vendor ID/subsystem IDs that you
> could use to match?

See above :-/

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus