Subject: Re: qtopia
To: Michael Lorenz <macallan@netbsd.org>
From: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/03/2006 23:07:17
Michael Lorenz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> >> One interesting note: a KDS monitor (CRT) made in 2000 apparently does
> >> not support EDID via DDC2.  I've not tested DDC1, as I don't have the
> >> code written to use DDC1.  I wonder how many people out there have 6
> >> year old monitors like this that are going to have trouble with no
> DDC2.
>
> I have a monitor here that gets its video signal via 5x BNC - RGB and
> separate sync. No lines for DDC. Apart from that it's a plain old 17"
> multisync made by Sony.

Well, of course there are going to be monitors that don't have DDC.  But
I'd expect most of the *newer* ones to support it.

I have to add some kind of "override" or configurability into my
radeonfb code, which I've not yet done.  But I think *most* users will
be well served by EDID. :-)  Certainly the flat panels that are on the
market these days all seem to support it well.

    -- Garrett