Subject: Re: merge of freebsd eventhandler
To: Matthias Drochner <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/28/2006 01:00:17
On Sat, May 27, 2006 at 05:21:41PM +0200, Matthias Drochner wrote:

> OK, having this consistent is good. (Actually, the next step
> for PCI devices might be that they register their powerhooks
> with the bus, not globally. Doing everything at once is just
> impossible.)

One thing that did occur to me, I don't know how useful it would be,
but the eventhandler code does have priorities that are used to sort
the list entries when they are inserted.  You _could_ assign differing
priorities to the leaf devices so that the powerhooks for these
devices get run before the bus devices which would be at a lower
priority.  I am not saying that is what must be done but the
eventhandler code does cater for ordering the list elements beyond the
order in which the hooks were registered.

> I hope you can integrate the freshly grown "subr_callback".
> (You see, these callback frameworks are like the dragon's heads
> in these faily tales...)

I will have a look into it...

--
Brett Lymn