Subject: Re: merge of freebsd eventhandler
To: Matthias Drochner <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/28/2006 00:26:50
On Sat, May 27, 2006 at 04:43:40PM +0200, Matthias Drochner wrote:

> blymn@baesystems.com.au said:
> > +.Fn powerhook_establish "void (*fn)(void *a, int why)" "void *arg"
>
> Imho hooks initiated by individual drivers are not the way
> to go for power management in the future. Power management
> requests should travel along the device tree instead.

I think you are right but this issue is not related to trying to get
some generic hooking infrastructure in place.  All I did was make the
power hook function calling convention the same as the other hook
types (and update the man page to suit :).  At this point
re-engineering the power management infrastructure is not part of the
scope of work I am trying to achieve :)

--
Brett Lymn