Subject: Re: Bluetooth
To: Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org>
From: Iain Hibbert <plunky@rya-online.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/26/2006 20:06:16
On Fri, 26 May 2006, Juan RP wrote:

> I have only a question... is it possible to establish a connection with
> a bluetooth capable device and transfer files to/from?

I have not done any work on that as yet, but I think it should not be too
much work to make it happen. So far as I know, the OBEX protocol just runs
over serial links (supplied by RFCOMM), so there are two options.

1. comms/obexftp - when I looked at it (some time ago), it used direct tty
   access but it should be possible to use the rfcomm_sppd(1) program as a
   wrapper.

2. there is an OBEX program in the FreeBSD ports tree, that I think was
   written by Maxsim Yevmenkin (the FreeBSD Bluetooth guy) that
   probably does not need direct tty access (I havent looked at that, but
   they dont have any tty interface to bluetooth stack). Porting should be
   minimal.

3. on the TODO list is to make a 'btcom' device that you could configure
   to be a direct link to the device, and comms/obexftp should work
   directly then with whichever /dev/ttyXX its attached to.

iain