Subject: Re: MIDI renovations available for testing
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/23/2006 14:41:14
>> I have a Korg 3500, which is documented as being 16-voice
>> polyphonic.  I once tried a run across about half the keyboard, with
>> the sustain pedal down.  I ended up with [...]
> Nice simple test.  The same thing on my humble consumer-grade Yamaha
> (polyphony 32) clearly steals notes struck softly in preference to
> those struck harder.

It's possible that's what I was getting, actually, since the run was
done by hand, without standardization of strike velocity, and I may
have landed on the keys harder when starting the run.  (Also, my ear is
not good enough to be certain it was, say, the first six notes instead
of six of the first eight notes, or some such.)  I should try the same
thing via MIDI, so as to have exactly the same velocity on all the note
strikes.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign