Subject: Re: Adding Multiboot support (or not)
To: Pavel Cahyna <pavel@netbsd.org>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/13/2006 16:14:08
On 5/3/06, Pavel Cahyna <pavel@netbsd.org> wrote:
> I see that Nick committed the change to ld which makes the provided scrip=
> work. (It is necessary to change PROVIDE (_end) =3D . ; to
> PROVIDE (_end =3D .) ; and so on.)
>
> Is it appropriate to commit it? I see that the current ldscript for i386
> is very different, it has many things which apparently make sense only fo=
> userland.
>
> And, could please somebody test that a kernel made with this ldscript is
> bootable with the native bootloader? (I have only grub.)

I just tried and works fine with both the native loader and GRUB.
It'd be very nice if this was commited to the tree because it'd make
multiboot Just Work (TM) -- but note that I am not approving it since
I do not know anything about linker scripts ;-)

--=20
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
The Julipedia - http://julipedia.blogspot.com/