Subject: RE: question about CARP
To: 'Liam J. Foy' <liamfoy@sepulcrum.org>
From: George Chen <georgechen2101@msn.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/12/2006 11:59:02
Hi Liam,

I checked the code again and confirm that preempt doesn't pass the message
of one carp going down to other carps installed on the same physical
interface. Thank you for your effort in duplicating the issue.

The bugs are about ARP balance. I haven't claimed to OpenBSD or others
because the project is very tight now. I'll do it shortly.

If carp0 on fw1 spi4 is down but carp1 on fw1 spi7 is still master, the
traffic is also down. What I expect is that when carp0 on fw1 spi4 is down,
carp1 on fw1 spi7 will flip to BACKUP and carp 0 and 1 on fw2 go to MASTER.
If it happens, the traffic could be continued. Otherwise, the traffic stops.

Regards!

George Chen