Subject: Re: Google:Soc: FS
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@NetBSD.org>
From: Rhialto <rhialto@falu.nl>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/11/2006 17:22:51
On Thu 11 May 2006 at 08:51:42 +0200, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> Also, there should be some papers about the then "new" BSD filesystem
> in the 4.3BSD book, or even earlier (was in the printed Ultrix or
> the ConvexOS documentation in the end-eighties), explaining that
> the BSD FFS variant does not do defragmentation, but rather _avoids_

You will also find it in cvs/src/share/doc/smm/05.fastfs .

Which brings me to the other documents that should be in those
directories, but aren't. They can't be left out due to copyright
reasons, since Caldera (now The SCO Group, and probably regretting that)
freed them (as far as they had any control in the first place. The
4.3BSD distribution, including those documents, is available from The
Unix Heritage project. My favourite documents are the vi and ex tutorial
and reference. From time to time I want to point out something from An
Introduction To Display Editing With Vi.

> Regards,
> 	-is
-Olaf.
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl        -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.