Subject: Re: Changes for proplib to reduce kernel bloat
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Chapman Flack <nblists@anastigmatix.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/09/2006 12:38:05
I wrote:
> Did there seem to be any possible value in my compromise suggestion
> yesterday of putting the "XML" code in a separate file that's associated
> with an autoconfig attribute like propxml?

Hmm, never mind - looking again at the proposal, I suppose if proplib
is to be used in staple functionality like mount, there really wouldn't
be much point in making the representation part optional.

Plus, as it gets worked into existing operations like mount, it is
likely to replace some of their code that exists now, and so the
net memory impact may decrease as it comes to be more widely used.

Hmm, could proplib contribute to the business of retaining persistent
attributes for a devfs?

-Chap