Subject: Re: splraiseipl()
To: None <yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/07/2006 14:19:00
In article <1146745583.305952.20534.nullmailer@yamt.dyndns.org>
yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp wrote:

> - patch attached to this mail.  please test/review.
> 	luna68k
> 	next68k
> 	news68k

Looks fine and works on my NWS-1750, while I have a few comments:
- style of '#define<space>' or '#define<tab>' shouldn't be changed
  in each file
- is splsoft() still needed?
- do you have any idea for hp300? should all spl levels refer hp300_ipls[]?
  i.e. no way to prepare level specific macros?
- it looks weird a bit to define IPL_* macro as (PSL_S|PSL_IPL?)
  because IPL_* macros are used to specify interrupt priority order
  on some ports (hp300, some mips etc).
  is it better to introduce some other opaque macros like SPL_*
  as you have asked in your first post?
  (those macro may be passed to MD splraise functions directly)
---
Izumi Tsutsui