Subject: Re: LM77 temperature
To: None <grange@rt.mipt.ru>
From: KIYOHARA Takashi <kiyohara@kk.iij4u.or.jp>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/06/2006 15:02:53
Hi! grange,

From: KIYOHARA Takashi <kiyohara@kk.iij4u.or.jp>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 19:23:21 +0900 (JST)

> > > So it looks like you are selecting the LM77 with 'flags 2' in the
> > > config file, and using the address check as a kind of double-check.
> > > Is that right?
> > >
> > > It would be nice if there were another way to detect the LM77 vs.
> > > the LM75.  Is there no way to automatically detect the LM75 or LM77?
> >
> > LM77 has a Thigh register with a 64 degC powerup default value.
>
> There is no guarantee to which someone (for instance, loader: e.g. YAMON)
> doesn't set the value.  At that time, I do not understand the procedure
> for correctly resetting LM77 well.  It tries tonight.  ;-)

I made to the shutdown mode and confirmed operation.  However, the
register was not able to be reset.  Perhaps, it is necessary to operate
the voltage to LM77.  It might be unwarrantable to become the means of
the machine (or board) dependent, and to be able to operate the operation
of the voltage according to machine.
I think that the method to judge from the above-mentioned by an initial
value of the register is useless.

Thanks,
--
kiyohara