Subject: auvia looping forever
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Pierrick Brossin <pierrick@bs-network.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/05/2006 15:58:57
Hey guys,

I'm having an issue with the sound card on my laptop. It was working
just fine some weeks ago and seems it's not anymore. (it's been like
that for like 1 month).

The sound just loops forever. It plays half a second of the sound and
then loops it.

Here's what dmesg says:

--
auvia0 at pci0 dev 17 function 5: VIA Technologies VT82C686A AC'97 Audio
(rev 0x40)

Should I go about downloading old sources of the driver and try to
compile them, listen if it works and if so see what changed ?

Thanks

-Pierrick Brossin