Subject: Re: Projects
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Raymond Chetty <rchetty@gmail.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/01/2006 01:46:37
> How does that go with fine-grained locking and a fully preemptive kernel,
> e.g. the way Solaris achieved realtime support?

Honestly, I'm not to sure. As familiar as I am with NetBSD I'm even
less familiar with Solaris, which is to say, I know very little about
it. I was just suggesting that there might be certain aspects of Real
time support which a novice such as myself might  be able to implement
over SoC while the other aspects could then be implemented afterwards.
But mostly I just wanted to know if such a proposal has any chance of
acceptance.

> Someone already pointed you at the FFS source, reading it to get VERY
> familiar will definitely be your first step.

yes, I noticed and am grateful for the help.

Thanks,
Raymond Chetty