Subject: Re: DMA caused double fault
To: <>
From: Chapman Flack <nblists@anastigmatix.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/28/2006 10:43:05
Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
> Hmm, sorry for my poor English, but I didn't think so
> since he also said "if it happens due to corruption of NetBSD"

As a native speaker, I would read his question as wondering whether
his installation of NetBSD had become corrupted, especially as he
was careful to say that a messy crash was involved and that the
driver misbehavior began only after that.

As a rather subtle point in the usage of 'corrupt' (looking in an
old Webster unabridged that predates most the word's specific use
in informatics), there are about 7 senses of the word but they all
involve the notion that something has transitioned from an original
right or pure state into an impaired one.

-Chap