Subject: DMA caused double fault
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Filka Michal <michal.filka@strom.cz>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/28/2006 15:45:24
> > > Can be OS corrupted?
> >
> > I don't think so. If it is, why don't other drivers have
> > the same problem?
... bcs I run it on development machine so there are not so many other
drivers enabled ;-)

> > Maybe some uninitialized variables or wrong pointers in your driver
> > might cause the problem, but we can't give any advice without
> > whole your sources.
> > ---
I realized that it was due to enabled optimizations. It was in a part of
driver which is used only sometimes so I didn't realized it earlier ...
=20
But this brings me to an other question. How It is with driver's
optimizations in NetBSD. Are there any restrictions or suggestions when
using optimizations? Or can I use any level (-O0..3) as I wish?
=20
Michal Filka