Subject: Re: @booted_kernel magic symlink?
To: YAMAMOTO Takashi <yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp>
From: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/27/2006 16:19:54
YAMAMOTO Takashi wrote:
>> Heck, I'm almost to the point where I've felt I've spent too much time
>> arguing about this and *I* should just go and convert them all.
>>

> i'd like to see something like solaris kstat rather than
> "everything by sysctl".
> (well, it's on my todo list, but no eta.)
>
> YAMAMOTO Takashi

For retrieval of stats, a kstat like interface might be the way to go.

For control and tunables, sysctl is probably better.

There are probably other ideas besides. :-)  The point is, almost
anything is better then groveling.  Maybe a dedicated i2c bitbang
interface might be worse than groveling.  But not much.

General Dynamics C4 Systems
http://www.tadpolecomputer.com/
Phone: 951 325-2134  Fax: 951 325-2191