Subject: Re: @booted_kernel magic symlink?
To: Pavel Cahyna <>
From: Garrett D'Amore <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/27/2006 14:59:10
Pavel Cahyna wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 09:15:14AM -0700, Garrett D'Amore wrote:
> Do you want to have debugging tools to examine internal data structures of
> the kernel implementation, _without_ being closely tied to it? Sorry, that
> looks like a contradiction.

User space memory maps are *not* that closely tied to the kernel.  Or
nothing (user applications) would work from one release to the next.  So
at least where pmap is used for debugging *user* programs, I think a
stable API makes sense.

    -- Garrett

General Dynamics C4 Systems
Phone: 951 325-2134  Fax: 951 325-2191