Subject: kern/33374
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: Chapman Flack <nblists@anastigmatix.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/27/2006 02:03:27
Garrett D'Amore wrote (on another topic):
> Any of our kernel experts should be able to do it in half that time.

Ah, now what would really make *my* day at the moment would be to
find out there's a kernel expert who can quickly see the fix to
kern/33374 - I've gone about as far as I can without a break to
absorb vnode(9)....

----
NetBSD 3.99.18 NetBSD 3.99.18 (olaf) #4: Mon Apr 24 17:00:37 EDT 2006 xxx@xxx:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/olaf i386

A simple combination of a null mount and a union mount incurs a
repeatable panic on the third attempt to 'ls' it.

boot -s
# mount /tmp
# cd /tmp
# mkdir t0 t0/t1 t1 t2
# mount_null t1 t0/t1
# mount_union t2 t0
# ls -R t0
t1
t0/t1:
# ls -R t0
t1
t0/t1:
# ls -R t0
panic: vref used where vget required, vp 0xcb82c7ec

traceback is in the PR (partial, copied by hand from ddb)

-Chap