Subject: Re: use of C99 revisited
To: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/23/2006 19:03:55
On Fri, Apr 21, 2006 at 11:33:48AM -0700, Garrett D'Amore wrote:
> I.e. it would be nice to use C99 structure initialization in my flash
> memory stuff.  I don't think this is likely to be used (or be useful) in
> Vaxen.  (Recall, the vax port is the last one to still require gcc 2.x.)

I used C99 array initialisers (or at least intended to use the C99 syntax)
in sh/syntax.c.  This must build on vax.

However I refrained from doing so in sys/disklabel.h because this has to
compile in host tools.  And the C compiler for a very common O/S doesn't
support them with any syntax.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk