Subject: Re: 1 or 2 byte corruptions on a 4k page boundary
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: Edward B. DREGER <eddy+public+spam@noc.everquick.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/20/2006 21:04:40
IS> Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 22:24:22 +0200
IS> From: Ignatios Souvatzis

IS> Let me add that the error occurs at the page boundary because that's
IS> where disk DMA usually starts...

That sounds plausible.  If DMA weren't involved, and it were strictly a
RAM timing problem, might one instead expect errors on memory page
boundaries?  Note that, in this case, I use "memory page boundaries" to
describe the RAM's physical layout -- not in MMU-related context as has
been discussed so far.

Eddy
--
Everquick Internet - http://www.everquick.net/