Subject: Re: where to build ndiscvt?
To: Alan Ritter <ritter.alan@gmail.com>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/20/2006 12:59:01
On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 09:56:08AM -0700, Alan Ritter wrote:
> On 4/20/06, Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com> wrote:
>
> > A) Built and installed into the build system as part of the system build,
> >
> > and
> >
> > B) Built and installed as a build tool as part of the tools build.
> >
> > What exactly are we waiting for, then?
>
> OK, so I should just add it as a tool, and in the distribution of all
> architectures then?

It is definitely required as a tool.  If you want to install it only
in the distribution for i386, it seems to me that would be an
acceptable thing to do (if you're going to cross-compile a kernel by
hand, you'll need to build the tools first anyway).

--
  Thor Lancelot Simon	                                     tls@rek.tjls.com

  "We cannot usually in social life pursue a single value or a single moral
   aim, untroubled by the need to compromise with others."      - H.L.A. Hart