Subject: Re: Initial stab at QT based wifi browser. Comments?
To: Rui Paulo <rpaulo@fnop.net>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/19/2006 18:34:04
--lc9FT7cWel8HagAv

On Tue, Apr 18, 2006 at 08:55:31PM +0100, Rui Paulo wrote:
> > If you want to have useful roaming support, I think you'd need to have a
> > background daemon connecting to whatever network it "knows". I kind of =
like
> > that feature from (excusez-moi le mot) Windows XP.=20
>=20
> wpa_supplicant can do that.

Yes, and it has a server interface for external frontend tools to
monitor for events, configure things, prompt for passwords, etc.
wpa_cli is one such program.

If you're implementing a gui, you should probably look at programming
to that interface, rather than to the raw 802.11/ifconfig ioctls.

--
Dan.

--lc9FT7cWel8HagAv

--lc9FT7cWel8HagAv--