Subject: Re: Initial stab at QT based wifi browser. Comments?
To: ober <ober@linbsd.org>
From: Liam J. Foy <liamfoy@sepulcrum.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/18/2006 15:32:17
On 18 Apr 2006, at 15:01, ober wrote:

> http://www.linbsd.org/qnetbased1.png and
> http://www.linbsd.org/qnetbased2.png are images of my initial work
> on making a qt based wifi browser.

Are you using the old API or the same code as wiconfig? Also, I think
if you search the mailing lists there was talk of this being written
in curses too. I think thats a much better decision than QT :)

I had a try of using the new API which David Young mentioned to me
but I've had really no luck (new API being http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/
bsdweb.cgi/src/sys/net80211/).

> What I am looking for is advice, from others who may have different
> wifi
> chipsets. As I have noticed that trying to do a `wiconfig $int -D`
> only works on some of the chipsets. (e.g. works on ral(4) but not an
> (4)).
> So I am wondering what would be the proper way to collect available
> wan information for all of the different chipsets?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> -Ober
>
> Richard Chesler: [Reading a piece of paper] The first rule of Fight
> Club is you don't talk about Fight Club?
> Narrator: [Voice-over] I'm half asleep again; I must've left the
> original in the copy machine.
> Richard Chesler: The second rule of Fight Club - is this yours?
> Narrator: Huh?
> Richard Chesler: Pretend you're me, make a managerial decision: you
> find this, what would you do?

Thanks
		---
		Liam J. Foy