Subject: where is KASSERT(9) documented?
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Igor Sobrado <igor@string1.ciencias.uniovi.es>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/16/2006 17:29:18
Hello...

I was looking at the Coverity fixes submitted by Christos Zoulas in
the last days.  Some of these changes use the KASSERT(9) macro.  Don't
know if I am wrong, but I am not able to find the KASSERT macro
documentation in the NetBSD manual pages.

May I suggest working on a manual page for this macro?  Two good
stating points are the KASSERT(9) manual page in FreeBSD and the
kern(9) manual page in OpenBSD.  I certainly would be happy to
work on a mandoc file for this kernel macro, but I will need some
support (and I will have certainly some problems contributing to
it in the next two months but I will do my best to get some time
for this small contribution!):

  - first of all, I need to know if it is better an OpenBSD-style
    kern(9)-like manual page or a KASSERT(9) manual page.

  - I will certainly need some help from a good English speaker.  :-)

  - I will probably need a general review of the man page (like
    the previous point, but requiring a good "BSD speaker").

I would start with a copy of /usr/share/misc/mdoc.template...

Cheers,
Igor.