Subject: Re: Bug report kern/32186
To: Tonnerre LOMBARD <tonnerre@bsdprojects.net>
From: Jeroen Dekkers <jeroen@vrijschrift.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/15/2006 17:44:50
At Sat, 15 Apr 2006 02:16:40 -0500,
David Young wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 14, 2006 at 03:29:28PM +0200, Tonnerre LOMBARD wrote:
> > Salut,
> >
> > I hear a lot of complaints from people about the problem described
> > in kern/32186. It appears to turn up from time to time and is a bit
> > tricky to reproduce. Any ideas?
>
> When this happens, does your rtw cease to transmit/receive packets,
> or do the error messages themselves the problem?

There is full packet loss when this happens. I can reproduce this
problem very easy, as soon as there is a lot of traffic going on
(e.g. scp'ing a big file or ping -f) I get these errors.

I've compiled a kernel from today's CVS with RTW_DEBUG defined and
turned on full debug output (sysctl -w hw.rtw.debug=0x3ffffff). I've
put the log at http://www.dekkers.cx/rtwdebuglog (7 MB). I hope this
provides enough information.

Jeroen Dekkers