Subject: Re: CVS commit: src/sys
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/13/2006 21:01:09
On Thu, Apr 13, 2006 at 18:50:05 +0200, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:

> > What Garrett said.  If you want to identify a screen you need to pass
> > emulcookie, as wsdisplay does to show_screen &co.
>
> Yes... I noticed this when making get/putwschar video-card specific
> afterward; just check my mail about it sent last night.
>
> But anyway, didn't your original PR say that using emulcookie was
> the wrong thing to do?  If not, what's the whole point of "fixing"
> get/putwschar, aside making them driver-specific?

What I said in the PR was that you were passing emulcookie
(per-screen) instead of accesscookie (per-device) to methods that were
expecting the latter.

What was wrong in the change we are discussing is that you introduced
an extra argument to ioctl and mmap methods to pass a per-screen
cookie to them, but instead of emulcookie you passed some private
wsdisplay data.

SY, Uwe
http://snark.ptc.spbu.ru/~uwe/          |       Ist zu Grunde gehen