Subject: Re: umodem
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/12/2006 07:43:41
--zx4FCpZtqtKETZ7O

I'm using a real umodem (not a mobile phone).  Somewhere along the
line between 2.xx and 3.xx kernels, it stopped detecting/asserting
carrier through to the tty and pppd when connected.  Chat would dial,
establish a connection, and hand over to pppd - which would promptly
drop the call because it decided there was no carrier.

Apart from that, though, it works. I have worked around the problem
for the moment by telling pppd "local" instead of "modem", and haven't
really gone back to investigate in more detail since.

--
Dan.
--zx4FCpZtqtKETZ7O

--zx4FCpZtqtKETZ7O--