Subject: Re: pf as the only one firewall in netbsd?
To: None <rmk@rmkhome.com>
From: Michal Stepien <admin@bezda.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/05/2006 22:32:31
On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 10:42:28AM -0600, Rick Kelly wrote:
> Thomas E. Spanjaard said:
>
> >Because some people prefer ipf over pf.
>
> I prefer ipfilter. A simple answer from my main mailserver:
>
> rmkhome# wc -l /etc/ipf.conf
>    10413 /etc/ipf.conf
>
> I would sure hate to convert that to pf. :-)

I was said that pf is not integrated with netbsd3.0
because developer of netbsd wants to integrate both
pf and ipf with altq. Up to now there is no integration
with altq. Would it be better to integrate at least
one of mentioned firewalls?

btw. I was convering small firewall from ipfilter to
pf and it wasn't so bad ;)

ps. Is it true that according to ipf licence no one
except ipf developers can develope it?