Subject: Re: onewire bus patch for review
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/05/2006 11:43:41
>I'd appreciate any feedback on the patches, which can be found here:
>
>http://www.tastylime.net/netbsd/onewire.diff

Just looking them over, they seem pretty reasonable to me.

># envstat
>            owtemp0            owtemp1            owtemp2            owtemp3
>               degC               degC               degC               degC
>              26.12              25.06              25.94              26.31

It would be useful to have some sort of API to get the serial numbers
from the devices.  If I add another device to the one-wire bus, who
knows where it will end up in the list?  If I had the serial numbers,
I could keep track of them.  Being able to force a bus rescan would be
cool as well (it didn't seem like that was possible, but maybe I'm wrong).

Mind you, these are just ideas that I think would be useful ... I don't
view them as prereqs for committing this code.  I think it's okay to commit
now.

--Ken